VFILES Runway expanded far past its role of kicking off fashion week and instead premiered a two-show extravaganza that continues to affirm why they’re such a force within the worlds of fashion and music.
First, there was a two-hour long livestreamed pre-show featuring some of the hottest acts in music today including Zara Larsson, Playboi Carti & Lil Uzi Vert, Cardi B, and Lion Babe. The runway show followed with the winning designers from the platform and as usual, all aspects of production—stylists, hair and makeup artists, the show photographer, and models—were discovered on vfiles.com , the social networking website and app.
Music played its role in the runway show too with Joey Purp opening, Brenmar DJing, and 21 Savage closing the show.
There’s a reason VFILES remains one of the hottest tickets during NYFW – they continue to deliver on their brand of connecting the biggest names in pop-culture with the most exciting young voices.
Designers were chosen after being reviewed by the VFILES team and a panel that included:
● Tommy Hilfiger : One of American fashion’s most celebrated designers
● Pat McGrath : ”The most influential makeup artist in the world.”—Vogue
● Jerry Lorenzo : Fear of God designer, VFILES collaborator
● Mel Ottenberg : stylist to Rihanna, Fashion Director of 032c
● Designer Daniëlle Cathari (Holland) third year student at Amsterdam Fashion Institute
● Designer STRATEAS CARLUCCI (Australia) Peter Strateas and Mario-Luca Carlucci
● Designer Snow Xue Gao (NYC/China) Parsons MFA graduate
● Makeup Artist Jaleesa Jaikaran (NYC) with the participation of Mastered
● Hair Stylist Jenni Wimmerstedt (NYC) with the participation of Sassoon Salon
● Photographer Myles Loftin (NYC) 18 y/o Parsons student; VFILES
● Stylist Anna Daminova (Russia) VFILES stylist